Vesta was the first born female child of the Titans, Saturn and Ops. Every household in Italy had a sacrificial flame in her honor. Along with Pluto, Neptune, Ceres, and Juno, she was swallowed by Saturn, and spent her childhood inside his stomach, until her brother, Jupiter, came and rescued her and her siblings.
As Vesta, she appears to be calm and humble disposition, showing a higher degree of kindness than other gods who frequently take offense at the slightest provocation. She has a somewhat proudness to her quiet personality, and she is a very wise goddess and places priority maintaining peace and harmony amongst her family, the Olympians, by knowing when it is appropriate to give in. Much like Diana, she favors the form of a young girl most of the time, although she has been seen as a grown woman. She is fairly kind and very wise.
Vesta is initially described as an eight year old girl with mousy-brown hair and "warm and cozy" eyes of red fire. She wears a simple brown dress or robes with a scarf wrapped around her head. Vesta is often seen with an iron staff that she uses to tend the hearth.
Although Vesta claimed to be the weakest Olympian, she is an elder Olympian and a daughter of Kronos, making her a very powerful goddess.
- Can allow others to witness events from the past, present, and future.
- Can summon delicious food, because she has power over the home and family.
- 46 Hestia, a large, dark main-belt asteroid, is named after her Greek counterpart.
- Vesta was the first of the Olympian gods and goddesses to meet Percy Jackson.
- Vesta was the 'Last Olympian' when the Titans attacked Mount Olympus.